Friday, October 4, 2013

Yummy Secret to Happiness #2

Mindful Eating



I hate diets. I even dislike nutrition plans. What I do love is mindful eating. 

What I try to do is notice how certain foods make me feel. Am I tired in the afternoon? What foods have I indulged in or not eaten enough of? Do I have a ton of energy? What foods did I eat that contributed to my energy spike? I keep a mental checklist of how many carbs, fruits, veggies and proteins I have eaten every day to make sure my body is getting what it needs for me to be at peak performance. If my body is happy, I am happy.

Every once in a while I will go on a cleanse and am strict for about a week then add back in more complex healthy foods. Great to clean out your body and hit the reset button. 

Here is a little sneak peek into my mindful eating. 

My Super Foods:
Avocados
Coconut Milk
Chia Seeds
Hemp Seeds
Purified H20
Walnuts
Blueberries
Apples
Dark Chocolate
Salmon
Kale
Quinoa
Olive Oil
Bananas
Herbal Tea
Carrot Juice


Foods I try to limit:
Gluten
Dairy
Carbs
Sugar

Foods I don't eat:
Meat
Processed foods

Favorite Shake Recipes:
Chocolate shake mix (Shakeology) 
1/2 Avocado
Coconut Milk

Strawberry shake mix (Shakeology)
Coconut Milk
Hemp Seeds
Chia Seeds
Pomegranate Juice (POM)
1/2 Banana
Orange Juice (Odwalla)
Carrot Juice (Odwalla)

Fresh Berries

No comments:

Post a Comment