Monday, April 8, 2013

Gina Lichte

Woman of the Week


World, meet Gina! As you can see, Gina has one of the best smiles on the planet and she has a laugh to go with it! I know Gina first through Bikram yoga class, and second, through a women's coaching group we were in together. She is full of life, love and joy. She is truly one of the most positive and beautiful people I know. 

1. What do you do for a living?
If you were to look at my job description, it would say organize and coordinate New Student Orientation at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, but I feel like what I do is so much more! I collaborate with campus partners to promote our university. I listen and encourage students to live their fullest lives. I advocate for higher education equity. I try to make an impact on my world!

2. What is your purpose in life?
My purpose is to be an engaged passenger of my life journey, to be open to possibilities, and to explore creativity, innovation, and change.

3. If you had the attention of every woman on the planet, what would you say to us?
Listen up ladies….you are more than what you think you are! Dream BIG! Always do what you are afraid to do!

4. What is your super power?
Infectious joy!

5. If you could interview any woman alive today, who would it be and why?
Easy….Michelle Obama. I am completely inspired by this woman in so many ways. First and foremost, her love for family. She is SO BUSY but still devotes her time to family. I find that incredible! Secondly, her mission for helping. I love her passion for how she wants to make the world better and the action she takes to make that happen! Finally (for the sake of time, I give three thoughts), her style! I want to go shopping with her!

6. What did you want to be when you were 5 years old?
I remember saying out loud at age 5, I wanted to be a babysitter just because my mom took me to a babysitter and I liked seeing all the toys. I am easily influenced by my environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment