Wednesday, May 10, 2017

You Should Be Glad


P.S. I am blogging again.



Jeremy and I started a “Grateful 8” or a “Gr8ful” (as Jeremy has coined it). 

The Grateful 8 is a really easy concept to adopt for yourself OR even better may inspire a hybrid idea or action. 

Before bed, we each say 5 things we are grateful for. We take turns and it has to be something new and you can’t copy. (lol, my own rules). 

In the morning before we head out the door, we express 3 things we are grateful for. 

Why the 5 and 3? I made it up. Frankly, sometimes I need a bit more space between my workday and my dreams, so I wanted to load up on good stuff! In the morning, I am eager to start my day so we just do 3. Really scientific I know. 

Why the grateful practice? I was tired of my mind resting on the “could of’s” and “should of’s” an intense workday can create sometimes. I was wanting a shift in my mind to “what is right” vs.“what needs fixing”. 

We are just on week two, but I have noticed an increase in empathy and a shift in my being. I go into situations more optimistic and I am not in agony over life. 

Every guru will tell you that happy people are grateful people but until I actually put it into a routine, I wasn’t drawing that direct conclusion for myself. 

I will say that not being able to repeat things that you are grateful for has opened my eyes up to things I took for granted… (like the road construction workers who spend all day in the elements and traffic working to improve our streets!)

And now for the action item I bestow upon you…to make your own daily gratitude practice. Whether it is prayer, journaling or just sharing with someone you care about, let us all focus on the things that fill us with “g8ness". 

Much love, 

Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment