Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Betsy McLaughlin

Woman of the Week


Betsy is a unique and beautiful soul. She is loving, compassionate and very strong-willed. She is also a fellow red-head in the family! Meet my cousin Betsy. I have fond memories of her growing up, she has always been a role model, even before I knew what that was! This is my first "family feature" in the Echo Project.

What do you do for a living?
The job I perform for an income is a workers compensation utilization review nurse/ telephonic triage nurse. The job I do daily and love is being a wife and mother.
What is your purpose in life? 


What is your life purpose? My purpose in life is still being discovered on a daily basis. I strive to be a great human being that is honest, positive, accepting of all.

If you had the attention of every woman on the planet what would you say to us?
If I had the attention of all women in the world, I would tell them to stand strong, stand proud and never give up. We have to love and accept who we are at that moment. Don't let the world put you in a box. You decide who you want to be, even if it changes over time.


What is your superpower?
 My superpower is determination, stubbornness and the ability to see many different points of view. (I may not always agree, but I can see why others may have come to that POV)

If you could interview any woman alive today who would it be and why? I would interview Malala Yousafzai. I would like to know where she got her strength and determination at such a young age. What an inspiration to other oppressed young girls and women.

What is one of your biggest accomplishments?
My proudest accomplishment is my children. They are all three accomplished in sports and education. But what makes me the proudest is their kindness and acceptance of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment