Thursday, May 9, 2013

Karen Marison

Woman of the Week


As a tribute to Mother's Day - I am featuring the most important woman in my life, my Mom. She is so sweet and special, some of my best traits come from her. My laugh, my eyes and my heart are all hers. My Mom is one of the most patient, kind and selfless people I know. She gives more than she receives and it has been great over the years to begin to see her newly as a grandmother. I love my mom so much and am thankful every day for the gift she has given me, my life - my world - and it is beautiful. Here is my Mother. Happy Mother's Day Mom.

What do you do for a living?
I am a retired RN who is now doing my dream job of caring for my 3 grandchildren 3-4 days a week.

What is your purpose in life?
My purpose in life is to bring happiness to others and to myself.

If you had the attention of every woman on the planet, what would you say to us?
First, make a difference in the life of a child. Someone once said "It will not matter a hundred years from now what kind of clothes you wore, what kind of car you drove or what kind of house you lived in. It will matter that you made a difference in the life of a child." Second, do something kind to someone as often as possible no matter how small it may seem. Think of a honeybee whose contribution of honey to the hive over its life time is a mere one twelfth of a teaspoon. Though seemingly insignificant, when compared to the total, each bees bit of honey is vital to the life of the hive. Work that would be overwhelming for a few becomes lighter because of many faithfully doing their part. Great things are brought about and burdens are lightened through the effort of many hands anxiously engaged in a good cause. May we humbly go about our day as the honeybees go about theirs. Pollinate the world with the pure love of Christ. (M. Russell Ballard)

What is your super power?
My super power is my faith in Christ and the love of my family.

If you could interview any woman alive today, who would it be and why?
I would like to interview Laura Bush. She has done much volunteer work throughout her life. She was a teacher and librarian. She worked hard as First Lady to promote literacy in America. She is supposed to have a good recipe for cowboy cookies too.

What did you want to be when you were 5 years old?
When I was five years old I wanted to be a cowgirl like Annie Oakley and Dale Evans. Happy trails to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment