Saturday, March 16, 2013

Adventures in Utah - The Three Amigas - Woman #3, 4 & 5


Did you know Utah has beautiful mountains? I felt right at home when I landed. I am now clear that as long as I have tall peaks by my side, I am free, alive and complete. 

I stayed with my friend Bree. Beautiful Bree.  My heart filled when I saw her. Bree and I know each other through some personal development courses we have done together. She is extraordinary - more on her later. 

Bree organized a dinner with two other girlfriends, Robyn and Timaree, upon my arrival. I know Robyn pretty well, but our friendship is still fresh. Robyn is the Marketing Director for one of the biggest ad firms in the country. She is fun, spunky - full of life and love. Also invited was my new friend Timaree. This is a unique relationship because we have an arranged friendship. Bree kept telling me that I have to meet this girl - I have to. The second I met her I knew exactly what Bree meant. She is pure light - a living yoga goddess. I knew her the moment we were introduced. 

I started The Echo project with several key theories, one of which was that there is something brilliant that transpires when powerful women get together. A universal energy that moves things - BIG things. This is exactly what manifested at dinner. 

I can't tell you exactly what happened, we talked about books, men, travel, yoga, fitness, TED talks, we covered the whole lot of it. It was truly magical. Time stopped. Thinking about it now, I imagine it as a scene in a movie - slow motion, music fades in, the camera pans to each of us individually laughing as we enjoy interacting with people around us. If this were a movie scene, this would be the time at which the audience has their "ah ha moment". They, the audience, see that the four of us as a collective have created a idiosyncratic environment - a distinct experience - a unique moment in time where they recognize something has shifted. 

I am now going to dive one step deeper. IF we entertain this "scene in a movie" as a real live phenomenon, we could say that the audience in my story was the people in our direct circumference. And, while these dining guests may not have been fully aware, their experience was directly impacted by the energy we were creating at our table as a collective. Our light, love and laughter had no place to go but to land on others around us. I encourage you to stop and imagine this scene and phenomena for yourself. 

I left the restaurant energized, alive and connected. Timaree and I hugged and agreed to keep in touch, Robyn invited me to a free screening of an independent film the next evening and after a few more hugs, Bree and I were on our way home for the evening. 

That night I sat in bed replaying the encounter with the girls in my mind. What made that so unique? Why was I so moved by it? My hypothesis as I write this, is that all four of us were connected to our true Selves and coming from pure love and affinity. We were genuinely interacting and conversing - our identities and egos were nowhere to be found. A new standard was set for me in my life - something to strive for in all relationships. 

I then took my inquiry one step further. What if this connection I craved wasn't just in my relationships? What if there was a tipping point in all female friendships and interactions? What if this  NEW way of being with one another opened up a space for us all, as women, to interact with our true Selves in a way that forwards peace, love and unity on the planet and actually pulled for a greater purpose in life?  What if we created a world where we started to crave deep, meaningful relationships resulting in a species united? What would be possible? 


Woman #5 is Bree - you get to meet her next. This is a woman you don't want to miss. 


2 comments:

  1. This post was really inspiring to me Michelle. I try to create these types of interactions with my close girlfriends, but I struggle when not everyone is in it for the same thing...let's talk more about that sometime...I'm interested in this topic. Thanks girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel. Sounds like a great excuse for lunch or dinner sometime soon...let me know what might work for you, I would love to talk to you more about this!

      Much love,

      Michelle

      Delete