Monday, March 11, 2013

Delores Tronco

Woman of the Week The Echo Project


Delores an I are cut from the same mold I swear. She is uber organized, always the leader, extremely creative, loves people and could no doubt run a small country if given the opportunity. You want something done right? Go to Delores. She is Jeremy's cousin and it has been a treat getting to know her over the years and watching her blossom. She is also one I can count on to play games at family events - Bananagram! 

What do you do for a living? I am currently the Director of Human Resources for an independent restaurant group in Denver; however, I am excited to be opening my own restaurant for the very first time later this summer in Denver's Ballpark/River North neighborhood.

What is your life's purpose?
My life's purpose is first and foremost to treat others with kindness, respect, and compassion. Second is to create inclusive, welcoming, and unpretentious spaces and experiences for the people around me--whether those be strangers eating in my restaurant for the first time, employees who belong to our professional family, or those in my circle of family and friends.

If you had the attention of every woman on the planet, what would you say to us?
I'd tell women to be courageous--that is, to stand up for what's right in each and every situation we come across, regardless of the consequences. Stop apologizing for your convictions. They make you who you are.

What is your super power?
Intuition, or that "sixth sense" about people. I have a gift for reading people, group dynamics, situations, etc.

If you could interview any woman alive today, who would it be and why?
I would interview Alicia Keys. Not only is she incredibly driven and talented; she also seems to be very humble and grounded. I've been listening to her albums for years, and would love to have a conversation with her one day.

What did you want to be when you were 5 years old?
I wanted to be a professional figure skater. This is rather comical in retrospect, especially considering that I haven't ever been ice-skating...even now.

No comments:

Post a Comment